13 October 2010

The Grantham Institute Responds

The spokesperson for The Grantham Institute for Climate Change at the London School of Economics, Bob Ward, has provided this response to my post from yesterday:
Dear Roger,

I am so sorry that my colleagues could not find the time to help with your promotional book tour. Happily, as you know, your co-author on the Hartwell Paper, Professor Prins, has already booked a lecture theatre on the LSE campus so that you can sell copies of your book. And I am sure that you will sell plenty of copies at your debate with Benny Peiser of the Global Warming Policy Foundation. I just hope it receives more interest than the traffic on this blog might suggest!

As you know, the dates you offered coincide with the first week of the UN climate change conference in Mexico. I understand that you have nothing to contribute to the conference, but the same cannot be said for my colleagues.

But I am sure that there will be plenty of opportunity to debate the content of your book in the new year.
I have about a half dozen snarky rejoinders that would fit well here, but I think Bob's words say quite a lot on their own.